This is a event in recital format open to all ages, levels, and instruments including voice. The event features solo or ensemble performances encompassing all musical periods. An evaluator will write comments and rate each students as Superior, Excellent or Good. Each of those who receive Superior or Excellent plus ratings will be invited to perform in the June 2018 Spotlight Concert & Award Scholarship Ceremony.
Saturday, November 3, 2018
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
October 20, 2018
307 E. Carmel St.
San Marcos, CA 92078
FESTIVAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
- The SoCal Fall Music Festival is open to all teachers and contributory members of the
San Diego North Chapter.
- Students must dress in appropriate recital attire and stay for the entire recital in which they perform.
- A limit of 10 students per teacher may enter. If you wish to add more students, please contact the Co-Chairs within 2 days after the deadline to see if space is still available.
- The divisions are follows:
– Solo Division: 2 pieces from the contrasting periods: Level: Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced-You will be judged by your own music, not a competition between performers.
– Ensemble Division: include accompanied duet, and voice, Level: Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced
- Time limits are as follows and are determined by the level of the piece:
– Elementary: 2 minutes
– Intermediate: 4 minutes
– Advanced: 6 minutes
- Students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled performance time so that the check-in process is done properly.
- Each participant must provide music for the adjudicator; no photocopies allowed.
- Soloists must perform from memory, ensembles are permitted to perform with music.
- An evaluator will write comments and rate each students as Superior, Excellent or Good. Each of those who receive Superior or Excellent plus ratings will be invited to perform in the June Spotlight Concert & Award Scholarship Ceremony.
- Studios who participates with 5 or more students will be given special studio privilege to enter one guaranteed teachers’s choice student selection in the June Spotlight Concert and Awards.
- All participants will be given a medal and a pumpkin for their performance with rating.
- Teachers are required to obtain and keep on file media consent and release forms for their students. The submission of this consent and release signifies that SDNC CAPMT has permission to, without compensation, record audio, video, and/or still images of participants in this event, including students and teachers, and use the recordings in publications, web pages, or other promotional materials representing SDNC CAPMT. The same form may be used for the entire year (July 1 to June 30 of the following year).
Entry fees will be paid via check. See application form below.
Students must be entered (and have a fee paid) for for EACH Division (solo/ensemble), however, there is a discounted fee when the student will participate as both a soloist and an ensemble member.
- Entries as an Ensemble member: $15 per student
- Entries as Soloist: $25 per student
- Entry as a Soloist and an Ensemble member: $25
- Family members and teachers accompanying in Ensembles are also required to register and pay a $15 fee
Please note that teachers that are not MTNA-CAPMT members are welcome to participate, but will have a $5 per entry surcharge.
Fees are doubled for late entries (see above for dates).
REGISTRATION – PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT THIS FORM
MAIL COMPLETED FORM TO: Tavner Delcamp, 10948 Creekbridge Pl., San Diego, CA 92128 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org