The purpose of this event is to encourage students, family, and music friends to participate in a fun and educational experience. This is an SDNC local event that is part of the 2019 Fall Festival. Performers participating in this event will gain confidence to participate in State level events. Teachers are responsible for selecting the level for their students (Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced). Awards will be given at each level. Evaluators will rate each team on technique, rhythm, interpretation, ensemble, and stage presence. Brief comments will be made for the purpose of improving the team skills. This year’s event will be held on Sunday, October 27, 2019.
Sunday, October 27, 2019
Time: 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Registration opens: September, 2019
Registration closes: October 13, 2019
Escondido Public Library
239 Kalmia St.
Escondido, CA 92025
FESTIVAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
- The Duet Festival is open to all teachers and contributory members of the
San Diego North Chapter.
- Students must dress in appropriate recital attire and stay for the entire recital in which they perform.
- A limit of 10 students (5 teams) per teacher may enter. If you wish to add more students, please contact the Co-Chairs within 2 days after the deadline to see if space is still available.
- Time limits are as follows and are determined by the level of the piece:
– Beginner: 4 minutes
– Intermediate: 6 minutes
– Advanced: 8 minutes
- Acceptable ensemble combinations:
– piano duet, 4 hands, 1 piano
– piano duet, 4 hands, 2 pianos
– piano trio, 6 hands, 1 piano
– piano quartet, 8 hands, 2 pianos
- A limit of one composition per team is allowed. One movement of a large work constitutes one composition. Arrangements are acceptable. Music must be published as a piano duet or piano quartet. Concertos are not permitted. Any genre is fine.
- Students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled performance time so that the check-in process is done properly.
- Each team must provide music for the adjudicator; no photocopies allowed.
- Students are permitted to perform with music, which must be the original score. Photocopied pages may be used to facilitate page turns. Students may perform from memory if they choose.
- Parents may play with their child, as long as the child is a student of a CAPMT teacher.
- In addition to a written evaluation, each student will receive a Duet Festival participation medallion.
- Teachers are required to obtain and keep on file media consent and release forms for their students. The submission of this consent and release signifies that SDNC CAPMT has permission to, without compensation, record audio, video, and/or still images of participants in this event, including students and teachers, and use the recordings in publications, web pages, or other promotional materials representing SDNC CAPMT. The same form may be used for the entire year (July 1 to June 30 of the following year).
Download this pdf form for registration. Do not use the online registration link.
Registration form will be available in September, 2019
Duet/Trio/Quartet Online Registration (submit one duet/trio/quartet entry at a time):
Please view our demonstration video to see how to make payments with Paypal/American Express/Discover/Mastercard/Visa.
NOTE: The online forms must be complete and submitted in one session. If you leave before the form is successfully submitted and your credit card/PayPal payment accepted, you will need restart from the beginning.