The 2021 Southern California Winter Music Festival will consist of two categories:
This festival has two categories:
I ) A non-competitive Winter Festival of “Bach-to-Bartok” repertoire. Students can play up to two pieces (up to 7 mins). Adjudication is given with comments only . The music must be memorized.
II. A competitive Sonata/Sonatina medal division. Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention winners. The music must be memorized.
Sunday February 21, 2020
10:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Wednesday, February 11, 2021
Museum of Making Music or via Zoom
5790 Armada Dr.
Carlsbad, CA 92088
WINTER FESTIVAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
Rules and Guidelines
- This is a non-competitive festival that is open to all instruments, solo or ensemble.
- Performances will be adjudicated. A rating of “Good, Excellent, or Superior” will be given by the adjudicator. All solo pieces must be memorized.
- Students will be divided into three categories. Category A ( age 8 and under),Category B ( 9-13) ,Category C ( 14-18)
- Time limit for all categories is 5 min.
- All periods and styles of music are acceptable.
- Students must dress in appropriate recital attire. High-speed internet connection is desirable. Performances on digital pianos are acceptable.
- All students will receive judge’s comments, as well as medals and certificates will be awarded to all participants.
Entry fees will be paid by check. See the application form below.
Students must be entered (and have a fee paid) for EACH Division (solo/ensemble), however, there is a discounted fee when the student will participate as both a soloist and an ensemble member.
For example, if a student performs a piano solo and then a vocal solo and also performs in an ensemble, they would be entered twice on the SOLO entry form and once on an ENSEMBLE entry form.
- Entries as Soloist: $25 per student
- Entry as an Ensemble member only: $15 per student
Please note that teachers that are not MTNA-CAPMT members are welcome to participate, but will have a $5 per entry surcharge.
Fees are doubled for late entries (see above for dates).
Will be made available in early 2021