Spring Festival is open to students of all ages, levels, and instruments. This non-competitive event in recital format provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain performing experience.
Saturday, May 2, 2020
April 16, 2020
Late entries will be subject to doubled fees.
Steinway Piano Gallery San Diego
9222 Miramar Rd.
San Diego, CA 92126
FESTIVAL DIVISIONS, SECTIONS, AND LEVELS
- Divisions are Keyboard Instrument, Non-Keyboard Instrument, and Vocal. Sections are Solo and Ensemble. Levels are Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced, with soloists performances being limited to 2, 4 and 6 minutes respectively. Ensemble performances are requested to be limited to 5 minutes.
- Levels shall be determined by the student’s teacher.
- Repertoire can be selected from Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Contemporary eras. Popular, ragtime, blues, jazz and Hymns/Religious pieces are also acceptable for this festival.
Performances will be evaluated by an adjudicator and given a “Good, Excellent, or Superior” rating.
GENERAL ENTRY RULES
- All piano and vocal music must be performed from memory, except for those participating in an Ensemble Division. Memorization is optional for other instruments.
- All solos must be original published works.
- Participants must provide a clean original score for the Adjudicator. Measure numbers must be indicated in the left margin of each piece that is being performed.
- NO PHOTOCOPIES OF PUBLISHED MUSIC WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Repeats may be played, provided the performance is within the specified time limit.
- Participants are required to secure their own accompanist for pieces requiring an accompanist. No compact discs or tapes may be used for accompaniment.
- Participants shall be scheduled into recitals of approximately one hour in length. Each hour shall consist of approximately 45 minutes of playing followed by a short master class conducted by the Adjudicator.
- Teachers are required to obtain and keep on file media consent and release forms for their students. The submission of this consent and release signifies that SDNC CAPMT has permission to, without compensation, record audio, video, and/or still images of participants in this event, including students and teachers, and use the recordings in publications, web pages, or other promotional materials representing SDNC CAPMT. The same form may be used for the entire year (July 1 to June 30 of the following year).
All participants shall receive a participation award.
Entry fees will be paid online via check.
Students must be entered (and have a fee paid) for for EACH Division and Section entered. For example, if a student performs a piano solo and then a vocal solo and also performs in an ensemble, they would be entered twice on the SOLO entry form and once on an ENSEMBLE entry form.
Soloist entry fees: $25 per student
Ensemble entry fees: $20, per student per ensemble
Please note that teachers that are not MTNA-CAPMT members are welcome to participate, but will have a $5 per entry surcharge.
Fees are doubled for late entries (see above for dates). This late entry fee will be collected separately. Please contact the event chairs.
Online forms – DO NOT USE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORMS
Instead, download this form, print it out, fill it out, and mail or e-mail the completed form to:
10948 Creekbridge Pl.
San Diego, CA 92128