Saturday May 15, 2021
10:00 pm – 4:00 pm
For information go to this link:
This event will take place via Zoom
$45 per student
COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES
Rules and Guidelines
- This is an adjudicated competition that is open to all instruments, solo or ensemble.
- Performances will be adjudicated. A rating of “Good, Excellent, or Superior” will be given by the adjudicator. All solo pieces must be memorized.
- Students will be divided into three categories. Category A ( age 8 and under), Category B ( 9-13) , Category C ( 14-18)
- Time limit for Categories A and B is 5 minutes. Time limit for Category C is 7 minutes.
- Genres from all music periods can include: sonatinas, sonatas, musical cycles, or variations.
- Students must dress in appropriate recital attire. High-speed internet connection is desirable. Performances on digital pianos are acceptable.
- All students will receive judge’s comments, as well as medals and certificates will be awarded to all participants.
Entry fees will be paid by check. See the application form below.
Students must be entered (and have a fee paid) for EACH Division (solo/ensemble), however, there is a discounted fee when the student will participate as both a soloist and an ensemble member.
For example, if a student performs a piano solo and then a vocal solo and also performs in an ensemble, they would be entered twice on the SOLO entry form and once on an ENSEMBLE entry form.
- Entries as Soloist: $45 per student
- Entry as an Ensemble member only: $20 per student
Please note that teachers who are not MTNA-CAPMT members are welcome to participate, but will have a $5 per entry surcharge.
Fees are doubled for late entries (see above for dates).
Will be made available in early 2021